Our Client has a 6 month requirement for Physical Therapists in Canberra and Melbourne. Candidates would ideally be registered with AHPRA, or be eligible for registration.
General IMA Responsibilities:
An Injury Management Advisor (IMA) provides injury management and rehabilitation advice to employers (including rehabilitation case managers RCM), workplace rehabilitation providers, staff in the claims teams and other stakeholders.
An IMA provides information and advice to support and build capability of internal and external partners to improve rehabilitation outcomes and facilitate best practice in injury management and return to work.
IMAs develop and deliver tailored educational programs and develop publications and other resource materials for internal and external partners to build awareness and capability in injury management.Within the team we are currently looking for IMA’s with the following particular capabilities:
• Ability to provide advice in understanding an employee’s diagnosis/prognosis and how recommended treatment links to the compensable condition?
• Ability to triage a surgery request or treatment request or other request to the Clinical Panel (this might include reviewing a claim to assist the Claim Manager to know if there is enough information to refer to the clinical panel, or if the Claim Manager needs to get more information and what type of information before they can refer to the panel, or it might be helping the Claim Manager to frame their questions for the clinical panel)?
• Provide support to claim managers to interpret the evidence to make a determination
• Assist claim managers to apply the principles of the Clinical Framework
• Assist claim managers to choose independent medical examiner specialty and/or to develop questions to ask a treating practitioner or independent examiner
To apply for this opportunity, click ''APPLY'' now and attach your MS word resume with including a cover letter. For a confidential discussion call the Drake Office on 02 6249 7366.