Active Communities Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic Active Communities professional to help shape the future of sport and recreation throughout the Shire. Located in Central Victoria, just over an hour from Melbourne by car or rail, you’ll enjoy working within a town known for its local food, wine, vibrant arts and culture community, not to mention it’s breathtaking natural surrounds. This Active Communities Officer role is initially for a 4-week contract and could open to further opportunities.
Objectives of the position;
• Contribute to the development of recreation and open space planning and development activities outlined in Council’s current recreation and health and wellbeing strategies in an effective manner.
• Support the management, development and operations of high-quality recreation programs, facilities and services.
• Gain cooperation and assistance from community groups, stakeholders and external agencies to ensure that services and resources are distributed fairly, equitably and effectively.
• Support and assist community groups to grow and develop recreation opportunities in the Shire.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge;
• An understanding of recreation concepts and the underlying principles of recreation service provision.
• Knowledge and experience in the principles and practices of project and contract management, agreements and leases.
• Knowledge of and commitment to community development, capacity building and consultation principles, and an ability to translate those principles into sound practice.
• Ability to gain cooperation and assistance in the communication of Council’s recreation plans and policies, internally and externally.
• Sound planning skills in the provision of recreation services in line with Council’s strategic plans, policies, regulations and precedents.
Qualifications and experience;
• A relevant qualification and/or relevant experience in recreation or a comparative field and the ability to demonstrate transferable skills.
• Experience in recreation, project management and planning and/or strategic service planning.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience working in a local government context is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the recreation sector is desired, but not essential.
How to apply;
If this sounds like you then Drake would love to hear from you! To express your interest in this position, select the APPLY NOW button. Phone enquiries can be made to Lucinda Gamboni at Drake Bendigo on 03 5441 6655.