Assistant Director | Clinical Coordination EL1
We are currently seeking applications from management professionals with a background in clinical management. Your role will see you ensuring clinical oversight and service quality assurance for this high profile federal government department.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain effective strategic relationships with specialist service providers and develop relevant referral pathways within the region
- Work cooperatively with other services, including medical, psychiatric, welfare, rehabilitation, emergency services, and Defence, and establish referral pathways to support the needs of the clients
- Undertake case coordination, coordinate case conferences, and lead and develop agency networks through a focused and planned community liaison/engagement approach to enable greater collaboration with existing service providers
- Oversee the quality of client care in the region, and provide clinical oversight, complex case management, and manage case escalation within a stepped-care model of service provision
- Ensure identified risk cases are regularly reviewed and ensure appropriate levels of support and care coordination is maintained
- Provide ongoing consultation and advice to clinical staff in the provision of services to clients with identified complex and/or multiple needs
- Ensure that relevant case documentation and alerts in the Client Management System are current and appropriately accessible
- Support clinical staff and Peer Advisors to make effective decisions and maintain relevant documentation when working with clients with identified complex needs and/or changeable risk status
- Undertake line management responsibilities for members of the Complex Case Management Team inclusive of the Community Engagement Team (where one exists within the local region) and be responsible for the recruitment, selection, induction, supervision, performance management, security and welfare of such employees to ensure their ability to meet service delivery requirements
- Facilitate a professional development program for the regional Peer Advisors based on the needs of the business priorities and in accordance with identified professional development requirements
- Ensure all individual staff are meeting their workload requirements and are maintaining active professional development and regular professional supervision
- As a member of the regional leadership group, participate in clinical and team meetings, and contribute to the National Management Team, departmental projects and committees as required. Deputise and act for the Regional Director as required
- Demonstrate leadership behaviours and workplace practices in line with policies of WH&S, Workplace Diversity and the Australian Public Service values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the clinical policies and procedures and to the implementation of related counselling and case management practices at the local level
- Provide oversight of Quality Assurance issues related to evidence based clinical practice across the programs and projects within the region.
To be considered you will need:
- Proven extensive experience in positions of clinical responsibility having lead multidisciplinary teams in a mental health environment
- Experience managing a caseload of complex and potentially at-risk clients
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker
- Must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience
- Mental health accredited asocial worker must be registered with the Australian Associated of Social Workers (AASW)
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
This is a terrific opportunity to contribute to the wellbeing and support of individuals and families in need. Being a long term assignment will enable you to make a tangible difference and witness outcomes.
A selection criteria will be required.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, click “APPLY” now and attach your MS word resume along with a cover letter outing your suitability for this position. For a confidential discussion please call the Drake Office on 02 6249 7366.